HAVE FUN LEARNING AND PLAYING MUSIC WITH OTHERS!
Offered 3 Sundays in a row, these classes are designed to teach you how to HAVE FUN PLAYING WITH OTHER PEOPLE, OR LEARN NEW SONGS TO PLAY BY YOURSELF
SUNDAYS Jan. 17th, 24th & 31st 4-6 PM
- Take all 3 workshops and learn different styles of music and strumming techniques – or choose from the 3 to pick your favorite music and learn different skills.
- Mix and Match to fit your schedule and interests.
- You'll learn the skills and self confidence needed to have fun playing guitar with others.
- You'll learn how to play several real songs on your own, and within a group.
Each workshop will cover:
- Chords needed to play each song
- Basic counting and rhythms
- Strumming patterns
- 10 songs to play and sing
- Tips on tuning, guitar care and posture while playing
- You will get a book to take home with all chords, strumming patterns, and the songs laid out in an easy-to-read format.
Sunday January 10th – Focus on Classic Americana
We will learn songs from the rich catalog of American folk music drawing from artists like Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Neil Young, Crosby Stills and Nash, Steve Earle, Bruce Springsteen, Wilco and Willie Nelson, The Eagles and the Grateful Dead, -- just to name a few.
Sunday January 17th – Focus on Singer/Songwriters
In this workshop we will choose songs by famous songwriters including (but not limited to) James Taylor, Paul Simon, Joni Mitchell, Lucinda Williams, Van Morrison, Stevie Wonder, Leonard Cohen, Townes Van Zandt, Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan, Shawn Colvin, James Blunt, and maybe some surprises!
Sunday January 24th – Focus on Popular Songs
Do you love pop music? We will cover songs by bands like Cold Play, Green Day, Vance Joy, Weezer, Jason Mraz, Radiohead, Jack Johnson, REM, Jack Black, Ed Sheeran, John Legend…and maybe some special song requests from your favorite artists .