WE ARE OFFERING 2 ADULT ROCK U CLASSES THIS SESSION!
SAME DATES, DIFFERENT TIME SLOTS
April 5th through June 7th
5:00 - 6:45PM & 7:00 - 8:45PM
With 10 Thursday evening classes, this session will culminate with a final show at an all-ages venue, scheduled for Sunday, June 10th.
In this class you will learn the skills and self confidence needed to play in a real band
We will help you create a great band while becoming a practiced musician, confident performer and supportive band member.
* Classes will be held at instructor Nick O'Donnell's home studio in Vancouver Heights *
WE'LL BE COMBINING ELEMENTS FROM OUR BLUES AND ROCK BAND CLASSES THIS SESSION, TO CREATE A NEW INTEGRATED CURRICULUM:
BLUES BAND ELEMENTS:
- What is the BLUES FORM?
- What does I IV V mean and why it is important
- The basic rhythms and names for the most important and frequently called blues tunes
- The Blues Scale
- Basic Blues grooves like the shuffle
- Blues rhythm guitar techniques and soloing ideas
- Bass and drum patterns
- You'll get a book to take home with all chords, lyrics and songs laid out in an easy-to-read format
ROCK BAND ELEMENTS:
- Chords and scales needed to play each song
- Counting and rhythms
- How to lock-in with each other -- Focus on bass and drum connection
- Performance skills, microphone technique
- A group of songs the band can choose from to create a personal repertoire
- You will get a book to take home with all chords, and the songs laid out in an easy to read format, plus instruction on how to read basic charts
- Opportunities to sing lead and/or back-up vocals
IF YOU HAVE THE SKILL, YOU'VE ALREADY PASSED THE AUDITION.
WE WANT YOU TO ROCK OUT.
SEE YOU AT REHEARSAL.